Friday, October 24, 2008

Macrina Bakery



I first heard of Macrina bakery two and a half years ago on a Rachel Ray show on Seattle ( yes, Rachel Ray). Since then I have been to Macrina many times and it has become one of my favorite bakeries.
My favorite is the Challah Bread. It's soft, sweet and just perfect. I figured out a trick. A good way to keeping it looking untouched is if you pull some out of the bottom and put it back laying flat. No one will know the difference. It worked on my husband.


Macrina just opened a new bakery in the Sodo District.
The SODO location is now home to a cafe, bread kitchen, wedding cake production, wholesale production and Macrina's main office. The place is beautiful!

Macrina Sodo
1943 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
Phone: 206.623.0919
Catering Phone: 206.448.4089

1 comment:

Peabody said...

Their cookbook is really awesome as well.