Sunday, March 2, 2008

What I Made This Week... Some Vegan stuff!




A little about my week....

In my kitchen: I have been making a once weekly Challah bread (3 weeks so far) but since I haven't achieved true perfection yet, I will spare you the recipe. One time, it was too dry, another time not ready on the inside, though each time it was good enough to be devoured to the last crumb by my husband, friends and myself.

In my vegan world: Yeah, yeah, no way I could be a vegan but it happens to be that a lot of people that I know are vegan (many of my friends from yoga). This week I made vegan brownies and vegan thumbprint cookies filled with a delicious vegan coconut chocolate spread.
The brownies: I have linked the recipe to the brownies. The cooking time is much longer than specified. The brownies are great for vegans but not sure it they would be my top choice. If you are a vegan, you will love them!

My cookies tasted good but came out a bit sloppy(I was overtired!) The amazing chocolate coconut spread is from a company called Love Street Living Foods. The taste is addictive with a nice hint of coconut. A friend of mine said that she doesn't like coconut and still loved it. It's 100 percent organic too.
Unfortunately, you can only get the vegan chocolate products online at this point.
I made challah rolls filled with this chocolate spread(baked them with chocolate inside) last week. That was a great idea!
The white stuff you see in some of the cookies is halva, another favorite of mine for dessert.

Gotta go cook, bye...

1 comment:

brandin + kari said...

I admire your willingness to make the perfect challah! That is a challenge:)